- This event has passed.
L.A. County Long Term Funding for Homelessness May 17
May 17, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
LONG TERM FUNDING FOR HOMELESSNESS
Come and recruit others to attend and advocate at the next Board of Supervisors meeting on May 17, 2016!
Support and advocate for long term funding for homelessness in Los Angeles County!
Urge Supervisors Solis, Knabe and Antonovich to Support Long-Term Funding for the Homeless!
On May 10, 2016 the Board of Supervisors considered a motion by Supervisors Ridley-Thomas and Kuehl directing the County CEO to pursue legislative authority to allow Los Angeles County to submit a ballot initiative for the November ballot to impose a modest tax on persons with very high incomes ($1M or more). Funds generated would be used to help our County’s homeless veterans, children, families and adults, in particular, those with mental illnesses.
The Board will reconsider the item on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 9:30AM at the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration located at 500 W. Temple Street Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Call and send emails and letters to the Board of Supervisors today!
- Come and recruit others to attend and advocate at the next Board of Supervisors meeting on May 17, 2016!
Please contact Supervisors Solis, Knabe and Antonovich TODAY!
- Supervisor Solis, (213) 974-4111, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisor Knabe, (213) 974-4444, email@example.com
- Supervisor Antonovich, (213) 974-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full text of the motion (item 5) can be found here: http://file.lacounty.gov/bos/supdocs/103646.pdf
Recent polling results showed that 76 percent of likely voters would strongly support a November 2016 ballot initiative to impose a one-half percent tax on income above $1 million. (A ½ percent tax is estimated to raise $240M a year).