SPONSORED BY THE LOS ANGELES CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOMELESS INITIATIVE
Community Web Meeting (8/17/16, 10:30am)
The community is invited to participate in a Statewide Community Web Meeting on August 17 on efforts to secure a gubernatorial declaration of a statewide homelessness emergency.
1. Date/time: Wednesday, August 17, 10:30 am – 11:30 am
2. Purpose: Provide status update on Senate Resolution HR 84. Strategize next legislative advocacy efforts to obtain a declaration of statewide emergency on homelessness.
· Hon. Isadore Hall, California State Senate, District 35
· Hon. Mark Ridley Thomas, Supervisor, District 2, County of Los Angeles
· Hon. London Breed, Supervisor, District 5, City and County of San Francisco
· Scott Morishige, Governor’s Homelessness Coordinator, Hawaii
· Deann Baker, Deputy Executive Director of Legislative Affairs, California State Association of Counties
· Phil Ansell, Director, Homeless Initiative, County of Los Angeles
4. RSVP: Please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.
com/register/ 3503750309105218561 In order to speak during the web meeting, please enter your Audio PIN (shown after joining the webinar) to activate the phone function through your computer webinar function.
As the homeless crisis in California demands an urgent, coordinated and sustained response from the State, County, cities, and community partners, we will continue to keep you abreast of advocacy developments and opportunities.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Homeless Initiative athomelessinitiative@lacounty.
gov. Thank you.